Some personal experiences in Shanxi, China:
1. Babies have their butt exposed so that they could poop whenever they have to.
2. Helmets are not required.
3. Toilet doors that can lock are rare.
4. Rice is not staple, Chinese buns are.
5. Honks are probably the first thing they check in a new car.
6. Yes, it is true. Chinese in China eat dogs.
7. Smoking areas – everywhere except listed on the sign.
8. The rich are rich, the poor are really poor.
9. There is a guan gong (Chinese deity) in almost every car.
10. People are generally friendly and ask where you are from.